Sunday, March 13, 2016

Best Driving Roads

     To me, the ultimate in driving experiences doesn't come in a luxury wrapped Mercedes or Rolls Royce. For me, the best experience would come when driving a car with an actual maual gearbox, through a road that is both fun to drive and majestic to look at.  Why a manual you may ask? The manual is all about purity.  If i could choose which car I would take with me on these roads, the choice would be between an AC Cobra and a Noble M600.  Both of these cars have the most bare bones driving environment available, yet they contrast each other perfectly.  I would take the Noble to a place like the Autobahn, or to the Nurburgring and let it loose.  I would chose the AC Cobra for cruising in the Rocky Mountains on I-70, along the California coast in the summer, and many other open-air experiences only properly enjoyed in a car like the Cobra.

      For me, there has to be lots of direct interaction with the road.  I go insane when I have to drive a car where the steering is so electrically interfered with it feels like you are in a video game.  I also as mentioned before need to be shifting the gears myself with a true manual transmission.  I know there are those of you out there who will say that dual clutches improve performance, and I say to that "I would rather have it be me performing to the best of my abilities instead of a computer doing it for me.  The road must be winding and ebb and flow.  Just like the life itself, things are always going to be changing direction and going up and down, this is what makes the road good.

      When you find your road, you'll know it. Just make sure it is truly the right road for you and then stick to it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment